June 28, 2020

As our team rosters fill up, we at VAFC anxiously await a safe return to the fields to get back to training and prepare for the fall season. As many of you have seen by now, Governor Northam has released Phase Three of the "Forward Virginia" plan for reopening Virginia and is scheduled for Wednesday 7/1. As COVID-19 continues to evolve, individuals, families, communities and businesses are all trying to navigate what Phase 3 means for them.  For VAFC, we will continue to prioritize the safety of our entire membership, and move cautiously through this process.  

Currently, we have decided to delay training pending the Phase 3 starting Wednesday, and are preliminary planning optional summer training sessions beginning Thursday July 2. We will follow up to track our members "Intent to Train" to help plan as best we can under the circumstances. If you are planning to return to training during our summer season, please see those and all updated details on our "INFO & UPDATES" page.


April 30, 2020


Dear families,

As a number of states and local jurisdictions begin planning for a phased return to normalcy, VAFC has targeted May 18th as the date we hope to return to a safe level of soccer activity. This is subject to change, of course, but it is our hope that our members can begin to sensibly return to the fields after that, subject to some requirements and recommendations. 

The return-to-play decision is a complicated one. We understand just how important it is for clubs, coaches, parents and players to play organized soccer again. But, as parts of the country begin to open up over the coming weeks, we encourage everyone to exercise extreme caution and continue to abide by public health experts’ guidelines for hygiene, physical distancing, facemask use, etc. You can read about those guidelines on this CDC web page.

When play does resume in our area, we’ll require compliance with safety measures that adhere to the CDC and federal and local governments and will share a comprehensive list before returning to play. The federal guidelines for states to resume business activities are outlined on this federal “Opening America” web page. In this phased approach, “schools and organized youth activities” – including sporting venues – are listed in the second phase, which is applicable for states and regions with no evidence of a rebound and that satisfy all establishing criteria.

We’re hopeful that the continued suspension of activities until May 18th puts us in a position to begin Phase 2. We will continue to monitor the situation and follow up regularly with a return-to-play decision. We know how difficult this time is for everyone, and we urge everyone to remain resolute in taking the proper precautions, so that the progress we have collectively made in this fight against coronavirus will lead us to returning to the field soon.

Can't wait to return to the fields but remain committed to the safety of our families as a priority!


Kevin Darcy
Sporting Director